Talent and Skills Institute –
The power of working together
The Charnwood Campus Life Sciences Talent and Skills Institute is a collaborative endeavour between industry and educational partners to address the short- and long-term skills requirements.
The LSTSI creates partnerships between local universities and the Campus enabling employers to easily access their rich talent pool. LSTSI provides graduates with a clear pathway from study to employment.
Delivering a pipeline of graduates to Charnwood Campus’ occupiers by creating a clear pathway from study to workplace:
- Supporting interaction between businesses and educational centres and representing the industry’s best interests
- Refine curricula to offer the most relevant training to benefit local employers and shorten the on-the-job training bringing cost savings to businesses
- Enabling upskilling of current employees to help improve mental well being and staff retention
- Place graduates through placements and apprenticeships.
Partner Colleges and Universities are all within a 30-minute drive of the campus, offering access to the best talent in the region.
Ensuring businesses can recruit, reskill and develop employees in both specialist and non-specialist life sciences roles:
- Growing and retaining Life Sciences talent in the region
- Ensuring graduate candidates are “business ready”
- Offering a competitive advantage for growth.